Cinnfull Apple Fruit Salad Recipe
This fresh fruit salad recipe has a traditional creamy cinnamon apple flavor, without the high calories, fat and sugar of most cinnamon apple desserts.
- 4 crisp sweet apples
- 2 bananas, sliced thin
- 2 sweet pears
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- Sliced roasted almonds (optional)
- Pour raisins into juice and refrigerate overnight. Also refrigerate all uncut fruit overnight.
- Chop fruit shortly before serving and mix in large bowl.
- Fold in yogurt, lemon juice, apple juice with raisins, vanilla and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle each serving with sliced almonds.
Calories: about 135 per cup (add 45 calories for 1 Tbs. sliced almonds).
Fresh and Tangy Fruit Salad Recipe
This light and refreshing fruit salad is great all by itself (or sprinkled with walnuts) at breakfast or any other time you want a fresh and tangy taste treat.
- 3 medium red or pink grapefruits, peeled and sectioned
- 3 medium crisp sweet apples
- 2 sweet pear
- Chopped walnuts (optional)
- Cut fruit and mix in large bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top each serving with chopped walnuts.
Calories: About 90 per cup (add 50 calories for 1 Tbs. chopped walnuts)
A healthy version of KING RANCH CASSEROLE (a mexican dish)